Bachelor of Music with a Performance Major, Wind Instruments
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate thorough competency in the technical fundamentals and performance skills of the student's primary performing specialty, both individually and collaboratively (as relevant to their specialty).
- Students will demonstrate the understanding of analytical, historical, and cultural issues in music.
- Students will be able to advocate for their art and themselves as professional artists.
- Students must complete 6 terms of MUH 100: Recital Attendance (0 credits)
- For music majors the First Year Seminar will be Music History I.
- MUE 201 & 203 meet the experiential learning requirement.
LARGE ENSEMBLES (8 semesters, Winds) +
MUA 100 (7) +
MUA 200 (7) +
MUA 300 (7) +
MUA 400 (7) +
300–400 Level Music History Elective +
300-400 Level Music Theory Courses +
General Education and Other Requirements
In addition to the specific General Education requirements below, the student should complete 9 hours of General Education Electives.
Language and Culture 101, 102, 201 +
HPE: One 1- or 2- hour activity course from PE or Dance +
1 - 2