Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate intermediate competency in music performance appropriate to the performance area.
- Students will demonstrate the understanding of analytical, historical , and cultural issues in music.
- Students will advocate for their art and themselves as artists.
- Students must complete 6 terms of MUH 100: Recital Attendance (0 credits)
- In lieu of Piano Classes 1-3, students with a concentration in keyboard studies should substitute two long terms of study in another instrument or voice.
- For music majors the First Year Seminar will be Music History I.
Required General Education
Graduation requirements but not a separate course:
- First Year Seminar (MUH 125)
- Writing Intensive course (MUH 203)
- Quantitative Reasoning course (MUT 203)
- Non-European/non-Anglophone course (MUH 332)
- Capstone experience (MUA 485)
- For more information see GEP requirements in this catalog.
|Language and Culture (through 201 level of language)||9 hours|
|MTH 108 or higher||3 hours|
|Activity course from PE or Dance||1–2 hours|
|Humanities (2 courses from 2 different areas)||6 hours|
|Natural Science (2 courses from 2 different areas; 1 must be a lab course)||7–8 hours|
|Social Sciences (2 courses from 2 different areas)||6 hours|
- A second major or a minor is recommended