Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in Spanish (Intermediate High level) according to the ACTFL proficiency guidelines.
- Students will evaluate developments in the cultural history of Spain/Spanish America with sensitivity to their multicultural, sociopolitical, and literary contexts.
- Students will produce clear written communication through texts that are supported by scholarly analysis and evidence.
- Students will demonstrate awareness of similarities and differences between their own culture and those of Spain/Spanish America.
It is strongly recommended that all majors and minors participate in at least one internship and one study abroad program.
Spanish Selection +
- Allowance of either SPN 400 or HIS 477 for the major only.