MTY 152 : GUITAR CLASS I
No prerequisite; open to non-majors if space is available. A course designed to address and expand upon guitar competencies delineated in the American Music Therapy Association Professional Competencies document. Those competencies include:
- Accompany self and ensembles proficiently.
- Employ simple strumming and fingerpicking techniques.
- Tune guitar using standard and other tunings (Open E, Drop D, Double Drop D)
- Perform a basic repertoire of traditional, folk, and popular songs with or without printed music.
- Harmonize and transpose simple compositions in several keys.