How a Student Receives Assistance

A student who applies in time and is eligible can use financial aid award(s) (excluding Federal Work- Study, FWS) to pay tuition and fees and to make book purchases. A student may request to “opt out” of purchasing books with a book voucher at Converse and may request an allowance to purchase books and supplies elsewhere by submitting to Student Billing a Request to Opt Out form by the first day of class for each semester the student wishes to use an allowance. Funds available after direct costs have been paid will be disbursed by the Student Billing Office. All financial aid awards are considered estimated or anticipated until aid is disbursed to student accounts in the Converse Student Billing Office.

Students who receive a Federal Work-Study (FWS) award and obtain employment through this program are paid once a month.