Skip to main content
Suspension for Failing to Meet Probationary Stipulations
- To re-establish eligibility a student must submit and have an approved appeal after completing a semester at Converse College without financial assistance. During the semester attended without financial assistance, a student must take at least 6 credit hours, complete 100% of the attempted hours and have at least a 2.0 term GPA.
- Exceptions to this policy will only be allowed if the student encountered some type of extenuating circumstance during the probationary period that hindered her from meeting the stipulations.
- Examples of acceptable extenuating circumstances include: prolonged hospitalization during
- the probationary period, death in the family during the probationary period, change in work hours that conflicted with the class schedule during the probationary period or other extenuating circumstances directly affecting academic performance. Because a student is aware prior to the probationary period that she must meet the stipulations, extenuating circumstances do not include being a single parent or working full-time while attending school.
- Students are advised to solve difficulties prior to registering for a probationary period.