Resolution Procedures for Student Complaints

Converse provides all members of its academic community the opportunity to present grievances for resolution. The university has established procedures for students, as well as faculty and staff, to register and resolve complaints. The Undergraduate Student Handbook outlines for students the procedures for filing complaints against faculty and staff; for reporting sexual harassment and sexual misconduct; and for pursuing Honor Board, Civitas Council, and alcohol and drug abuse cases. The Office of Student Development and Success in the Montgomery Student Activities Building can provide additional assistance as needed.  The Graduate Office in the Ezell Building has the Graduate Student Handbook, which outlines policies graduate students should follow. Music graduate students should consult the Petrie School of Music’s Student Handbook for student complaint procedures.